Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

GUM EasyThread Floss

 This is a cool product that is designed to make flossing around braces, bridges, and implants easy.  I was more familiar with Oral-B Super Floss which I think works great but I thought Oral-B could have done better job with packaging/dispensing of floss.  15 pre-cut Super Floss is packaged in one.  When I tried to pull one floss out of a package, (1) all the flosses come out, tangled up together, (2) it gets tangled in the package so I can't even take one out.  So I would end up open the whole package just to get a single floss out.  I used it because it worked good when I had braces but it was pretty annoying.  

GUM EasyThread Floss seemed to be an organized version of Oral-B Super Floss to me.  EasyThread Floss is rolled in a dispenser so it reduces tangles.  Both ends of floss have stiff threader sections so it would be easier to floss with clean/un-used section of the floss.  

As for the patient compliance level, the following study examined which flossing aid patients prefer; between regular finger floss and Flosser.  While there were no significant difference in plaque removal in both the method but patients preferred the flossing aid slightly over finger flossing.  
Evaluating the efficacy of a new flossing aid. Journal of Clinical Periodontology. 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment