Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Crest 3D Whitestripes













I have many patients ask me about whitening products and what over the counter product that I can recommend.  There are just so many products available on the shelves, it is hard to keep up with each item's effectiveness.  Crest 3D whitening system is one of the leading products on the market and there are 5 different whitening strips that are sold in stores.  I was looking for each product's active ingredient and whitening chemical concentrations on the web but they were nowhere to be found.  So I had to call Crest Customer Service(1-800-395-8423) to request the information. 

Link to Crest


A comparison chart of Crest Whitestrips



Research Articles:
I have patients ask me about if whitening their teeth will damage the teeth.  This article concluded that bleaching with hydrogen peroxide whitening strips does not cause structural changes on teeth.

This study found that 6% hydrogen peroxide whitening strips provided better whitening result than 18% carbamide peroxide whitening gel.  Also, test subjects preferred the whitening strips than whitening gel and rated whitening strips higher for the amount of whiteness improvement, whitening satisfaction, and overall impression.


No comments:

Post a Comment